Thursday, March 01, 2007

the admin job

21st-23rd feb '07

my 2nd trial at wrk. my 3-day stint at THE SWATCH GROUP S.E.A PTE LTD. the first time was in the f&b industry. the 2nd time is admin.. one conclusion, for the same pay ($6 per hr), the admin job is much more boring but waaay easier - on ur mental state as well as physical body. doing mundane stuff day aft day is not exactly my cup of tea so tts y i shld stick to doing short periods of labour to prevent myself frm getting too bored n sick of the environment. =D

my darling accompanied me to wrk on day 1. its rather funny coz little did we noe tt just one mere bus stop away, the buses r soo v diff. it ended up with us boarding different 518s n heading to orchard seperately. anyway, i reached earlier n found wheelock place without much trouble. i'm not tt much of a rd idiot afterall..

he arrived just mins before i was due for wrk n my day at the office begun. i was first introduced to the department n supervisor, tricia. tricia is a really nice girl abt 5yrs older than i was, econs grad frm NUS. my job scope was pretty simple for day 1. i just had to call customers to explain the repair services their watches had to go through n quote them prices. of course tt is on top of my duty to ans calls, pacify complaining customers n updating of records. n my product range was tt of the middle, exclusive.. i didn't get to do the high-end watches but neither did i handle the normal, average swatch watch.. basically i was in-charge of omega, longines, calvin klein, rado, hamilton, tissot n pierre balmain. not bad for a first-timer..



my cluttered desk, n tt cute little scanner thingy tt gives off a v delightful beep everytime a barcode is scanned. ^^ plus the sacred phone tt got me sooo accustomed to saying "gd morning/afternoon/evening, swatch group." zzzz...

as the day proceeds n u get super tired, i v frequently mistook the scanner for the phone n ridiculously put it to my ear n greet in tt monotonous voice much to my own embarassment.




the typical order screen.. n the particulars i had to fill in.. its quite a smart system actually.. but rather laggy at times all the time.

sounds like alot to do in one day ba? but its all actually v clockwrk n repetitive. so nothing too complicated. =) the wrk environment is rather nice. aircon temp is just nice, fabulous office view, friendly ppl to call me 'xiao mei', nice uncles (technicians in cool white lab coats) to ask aft me n funny front desk aunties who run in for a breather n complain abt irritating customers. plus, another SP temp called joanne whose job at the front desk with fire-breathing customers make me rather thankful for my safe job behind those doors. =P



the view frm my office window.. its torture to face orchard rd everyday n yet not be able to get down there shopping..



i can see shaw, tangs n the wheelock roof.. plus some hotel.. bird's eye view yeah??



u can't blame me for keep wanting to watch movies with lido just right in front of me can u??

n it was nice to hv dar n gerald waiting for me during lunch hr.. it's wonderful to see the smiling faces of ppl who care aft getting yelled at by a dozen customers or so.. (note to self: ppl with low self esteem shld nv do telemarketing.. luckily i hv an ego the size of a bus.)

hello, its not my fault ur watch needs sooo long to be repaired. by shouting, u spoil my day n ur watch is not done any faster.. so seriously, wat's the freaking pt!?

aft wrk, the wait for 518A was surprisingly fast n it being an A-express bus, the ride hm was less than 20 min.. plus, i hv him on the line entertaining me.. then insanely enough, i walked in my bloody high heels to his place coz i suddenly felt deprived of love. haha.. so random.

anyway, rushed hm for dinner n to cut cake since it's mommy's bdae.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!



mommy's black forest cake!!



my beautiful mother!

day 2 moved much more slowly coz my darling was not wondering around orchard rd n there were no plans for us to meet.. so tt made my day pass really painfully. i sorta got promoted n can liase with retailers n the factory outlets already.. these ppl r better coz even if they r unpleased they do not throw their weight around. furthermore, if they say they wld return call, they really wld.

n its wild tt i get like messages addressed to ME in the answering machine as well as faxes!! can u believe it?? n i'm only a temp.. not even one tt is working for a yr, a mth or a wk!! gosh!

n coz i didn't like the idea of eating alone in crowded orchard rd, i pkt lunch for tricia n myself frm tis really cheap food stall on the 5th floor of far east shopping centre. dar says i'm really like an office girl already.. eating budget food tt only corporate ppl noe abt. imagine, ulu food stall along bustling orchard rd?

anyway, aft wrk dar called me frm his hp!! haha.. coz i said i felt like shopping n he was out in town but he didn't wan me to be alone so he called to chat as i browsed the shelves. sweet ba? hahaha.. so it was perfect. shopping, drinking mega-sized strawberry blend frm orange julius n talking to my fav person in the world! i'm a blessed girl.. *grins*

day 3 was gd too.. coz dar came to meet me for lunch n i got to intro him to tricia.. we had mos burger together n it was a rather fun affair. coz eating with ur supervisor means tt u need not rush back to office n u can hv a nice, relaxing lunch.. lol.



the piles of records tt need to be filed, sorted n processed.. its never-ending i tell u..



aft lunch i had to learn how to do spare part ordering for all the boxes above. its a mentally draining n physically taxing job tt requires utmost attn n delicate detail. n tt pile of boxes just keeps getting higher n higher.. fyi, tt is just one wall of the office.. there r boxes stacked on the floor too!! *surrender*

he hung around waiting for me to end wrk as well as meet up with jackie (ntu), NP n NYP presidents at liat tower's burger king. thanks u gerald for ur onion rings!! aft which, dar n i left to watch chingay n take neoprints!!!



chingay!! i tink the signage is better than the performance itself. lol. =P mayb i was too short to see the performance properly ba.. hehe.



cranberry n blueberry desserts we had but forgot to pay for.. oops.



the lovely peek-tures..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home